Start your membership account today...  Access to credit reports, 100's of rental specific forms, agreements, letters, checklists, how-to articles, guides, expert advice and much more!  Even a FREE, 3-day trial!

Not a Member?
Get a Free Trial Membership

  Get FREE Stuff! Run Credit Report Rental Forms  Shop & Buy Forms!  Advertise Your Rental Customer Care

Welcome to's Discussion Forum
Sign up Latest Topics

  Author   Comment  

Posts: 42
Reply with quote  #1 
I just received a letter from the IRS demanding that I pay $ 7400  tax and interest on unreported income from section 8 tenants  I have many units and did report  all the income  However,I did not separate it  or specify that it was section 8  Long ago ,an  IRS agent had told me that this was not necessary. Since the numbers didn't match  the 1099's  They jumped to the conclusion that I had  not reported the rents.    Is there a way to show this on schedule E ? I paid the tax This is stressful .

Posts: 434
Reply with quote  #2 
Did you do your own taxes? I would have a CPA take a look at it and submit any necessary forms. They do cost money, but their help is usually more than worth the saved headache and time. This way you will know for sure it is done properly.
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Apartment Finders > > Member Log-in > Free Trial Offer > Free E-newsletter > Customer Service > Get Free Stuff! > Run Credit Report > Rental Forms > Vacancy Center > Do-it-yourself > Evicting Your Tenant > Foreclosure Resources > Landlord Discussion Board > Income Tax Resources > Information Center > Join > Landlord Law > Library > Multi-family > Professional Advice > Rental & Property Mgmt > Rent Collection > Repair & Maintenance > Security Deposit > Software Center > Tenant Screening > Vacation Homes > What's New > Rental Agreements > Free Leases > Inside Our E-store > > Security Deposits > > Landlord Daily News > Rental Agreements > Resources: Cleaner Sunshine coast