Start your membership account today...  Access to credit reports, 100's of rental specific forms, agreements, letters, checklists, how-to articles, guides, expert advice and much more!  Even a FREE, 3-day trial!

Not a Member?
Get a Free Trial Membership

  Get FREE Stuff! Run Credit Report Rental Forms  Shop & Buy Forms!  Advertise Your Rental Customer Care

Welcome to Landlord.com's Discussion Forum
Sign up Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
Number21

Registered:
Posts: 75
Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliel
Yes it is. You are totally wrong here and are speaking from ego and ignorance.  Do you even read?  I called up my Apartment Association of Long Beach, CA and THEY TOLD ME THIS. Also...again do you even read?  If you research it yourself even "survivalist" macho guys AGREE it is NOT A GOOD IDEA TO STORE GASOLINE in multi family apartments.

You can deny this reality all you want but you are simply wrong. Again...did you read? Google for yourself. You will discover all the scary incidents that have happened...very destructive because someone stored gas on a multi level property. Do I have to find the links for you? 



LOL. I can't tell if you're a troll or you really are that stupid. Do you have any law that you can quote? Opinions don't mean jack sh!t here, nobody cares if you THINK it's unsafe. Where are they storing this gas you are throwing a fit about? Is it in bedroom? Or a garage meant for parking of automobiles? If it is in a bedroom, in an unapproved container, then yes, that is a safety concern. If it is in a gas can, designed for safely storing gas, in a garage, built for safely storing gas, then there is no problem. You are ridiculous either way.

Storing small amounts of gasoline in a garage is perfectly normal, safe, acceptable behavior. What the hell do you think happens to all the gas in the tank of a car that parks in your garage? Do you understand anything about construction, or building codes, or how garages are built with firewalls to separate them from any legal dwelling space?

I can tell you are definitely one of those landlords I would screw with just because I can. I think that is why your tenants are bothering you. I would do the same.
Soliel

Registered:
Posts: 35
Reply with quote  #17 
READ THIS!  CAREFULLY.  http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Newsroom/News-Releases/1979/Consumers-Warned-Against-Storing-Gasoline/

Be sure to read the parts on how the fumes from the gas traveled to various ignition points on a property and severly burned people.


It gives details on why it is very unsafe, ridiculously unsafe to store gasoline and how it puts you, your family and neighbors at risk.

If that is not good enough for you then google "Is it safe to store gasoline in an apartment"?  
Soliel

Registered:
Posts: 35
Reply with quote  #18 
There is nothing else I can say. 

Of course you won't do any research or read the article because you are willfully ignorant.

There is nothing one can say to someone like you.  What you wrote says it all about you. Willfully ignorant, unwilling to learn anything new, unwilling to accept new facts...just ego ego ego.

Even my tenants agree it wasn't the right thing to do.  They have now calmed down.  Yikes...you need to develop a bit.


Soliel

Registered:
Posts: 35
Reply with quote  #19 
"I can tell you are definitely one of those landlords I would screw with just because I can. I think that is why your tenants are bothering you. I would do the same."


Oh really why is that? Because I speak the truth? Because I am careful?

You are a poster child for a jerk.

And by the way the tenants in question are now quiet and normal as for now. 
Number21

Registered:
Posts: 75
Reply with quote  #20 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliel
READ THIS!  CAREFULLY.  http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Newsroom/News-Releases/1979/Consumers-Warned-Against-Storing-Gasoline/ 


Oh good lord. That is from 1979. It explains keeping gasoline in unapproved containers in your bedroom closet is dangerous. I agree completely. That has nothing to do with storing gas in an approved container in a garage. You never answered my question. Your posts are long, rambling, and hard to follow. Were they keeping this gasoline inside the dwelling unit (bedrooms, living room) or in the garage? They are two totally different places. What do you think happens to the gasoline stored in the tank of a car when you park it in the garage?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliel

Oh really why is that? 

Because you're paranoid, rude, slow to fix simple issues and most importantly totally bat sh*t crazy.
Soliel

Registered:
Posts: 35
Reply with quote  #21 
You didn't read it. It didn't say that at all. If you read it you would have noticed the words in bold face

"No Safe Way for Consumers to Store Gas".

 You didn't read it at all or your comprehension is low.

It also said this that pretty much repudiates everything you say:

Gasoline stored even in the so-called "safety cans" can be hazardous if consumers place the cans in unventilated locations. Heat in a storage area can cause excessive pressure and release of vapors which may then travel to an ignition source. Vaporization of less than one-half pint of gasoline is enough to fill an entire home garage with explosive vapors, according to an official of the National Fire Protection Association. And only a small amount of stored gasoline-- even a few ounces -- is enough to start a fire or explosion.

Gas vapors can be ignited by a wide variety of unexpected sources, such as household appliances, static electricity from clothing, pilot lights in stoves and furnaces, cigarettes and other objects. Although a significant number of the accidents involving gas containers occur during the process of transferring gas (such as from a storage can into an automobile tank), the majority of accidents occur during the actual use of gasoline (such as in starting a campfire or priming a carburetor). Other accidents have occurred as a result of storage in confined, unventilated spaces.

***************

Garages are "unventilated" spaces. In my case the tenants who stored their gas in the garage stored it right underneath and next to the beds of other tenants. Sorry that is not safe. It doesn't matter if it's in bedrooms or the garage...both are unsafe and you are risking your other tenants safety by being OK with it.

What level of education do you have? Because you didn't read the article.  You don't know what you are talking about.

The only reason you are calling me names is because I am calling you out on what you don't know...and you don't like it.  So you strike back at calling me names. 



Number21

Registered:
Posts: 75
Reply with quote  #22 
I did read it. Stop saying that. My reading comprehension, IQ, income, and everything else is higher than yours. Just stop posting all together. You are a complete moron. Not one person here doesn't think so. The article you are referencing is from 1978. It does not in any way tell people to not store gasoline in their garage.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Number21
What do you think happens to the gasoline stored in the tank of a car when you park it in the garage

Answer this please.

Garages are designed for storing small amounts of gasoline. This is a fact. It is neither illegal nor unsafe. Get over yourself.
Soliel

Registered:
Posts: 35
Reply with quote  #23 
OMG you are an idiot.  It does not recommend and lists why storing gasoline in garages is unsafe.

Of course you didn't read.  It's because garages get hot, are not ventilated and even just a little bit of fumes can travel and ignite a fire.

That's not the only link. This is this one which ultimately says it's not safe in home or garage.

http://www.ameriburn.org/Preven/GasolineSafetyEducator%27sGuide.pdf

If you want to risk your tenants lives and turn the other way that is your business...but it's not smart or responsible.

If you want to store gasoline for yourself and ONLY risk yourself...go to it! But risking other tenants because of your stubbornness is not cool or fair.

I guess some people can say the sky is green...but that doesn't mean it's not really blue.  

Number21

Registered:
Posts: 75
Reply with quote  #24 
Still waiting for you to answer this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number21
What do you think happens to the gasoline stored in the tank of a car when you park it in the garage

Answer this please.

Have you noticed not a single person agrees with you? Isn't that kind of weird? All those irrelivant articles you keep posting are only opinions. Can you find any law that says you cannot store gasoline inside your garage? (I'll save you some time, there is no law)

I really feel sorry for your tenants. For every bad tenant there is, there are just as many dumbass landlords. This guy is a perfect example. I think you should need a license before you can be a landlord, and this guy would never pass that test.
Number21

Registered:
Posts: 75
Reply with quote  #25 
I'll put it all by itself so you can see and answer it easier:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number21
What do you think happens to the gasoline stored in the tank of a car when you park it in the garage?

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Apartment Finders > > Member Log-in > Free Trial Offer > Free E-newsletter > Customer Service > Get Free Stuff! > Run Credit Report > Rental Forms > Vacancy Center > Do-it-yourself > Evicting Your Tenant > Foreclosure Resources > Landlord Discussion Board > Income Tax Resources > Information Center > Join Landlord.com > Landlord Law > Library > Multi-family > Professional Advice > Rental & Property Mgmt > Rent Collection > Repair & Maintenance > Security Deposit > Software Center > Tenant Screening > Vacation Homes > What's New > Rental Agreements > Free Leases > Inside Our E-store > > Security Deposits > > Landlord Daily News > Rental Agreements >
LandscapingSanJose.net Resources: Cleaner Sunshine coast