Lettings scams are still relatively less in Edinburgh however, due to the nature of the scam, the sums of money involved are significant and can make the victim helpless. Tenants must be aware of the common Edinburgh Property to let scams and know how to protect themselves.
Things to consider remember to avoid trapping in property scams
- As a tenant, the best way to protect you from scammers is by Edinburgh Property to let through a reputable letting agent. Look for agents who are certified and check reviews before giving personal details.
- The most scam involves tenants who don’t view their property; it can be avoided by insisting that you see the property first.
- Never pay money for the property before the viewing, firstly check the property and thereafter make the payment.
- Always avoid making the payment for Edinburgh Property to let cash; it is untraceable, even if you are offered a receipt.
- Ask the questions you have in mind to avoid any type of confusion in the future.
Research the market, if a deal sounds good and within your budget, only proceed if you are 100% sure that the situation is genuine. The above points can help you avoid any type of scams related to property as you are familiar with what to consider and ask before you book a property. Even the landlord needs to focus on these points as the tenants nowadays search for these things before they finalize one for living.